My cousin recently reached out to me that she was looking for a chocolate chip cookie recipe that she could:
A. Dive face first into, but
B. Feel good about it
I knew just the recipe for her! I’ve been making these Paleo chocolate chip cookies for years, although I avoid them because:
A. I have a bad reaction to nuts and
B. I will dive face first into them
Since my kids LOVE these cookies, I make them for their school lunches and after-school snacks. I have to hide them though, because if left on the counter, they will disappear within hours!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Makes about 32 cookies
Recipe adapted from: Health.com
- 4 cups almond meal/flour
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond butter (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dairy- and soy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly.
- Chill batter in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll batter into 1-inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet and then flatten with hand. I add a little coconut oil to my hands to keep it from sticking to my hands.
- Bake cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes until cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy!