Brownies….need I say more?
To fancy this dessert up for a dinner party, serve with dairy-free ice cream and a berry compote; perfect for those warm summer nights. Trust me, you’ll love this one!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Recipe adapted from: The Coconut Mama
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 – 12 oz Bags of Soy Free Chocolate Chips, divided
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Melt 1 bag of chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the chocolate.
- Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the batter. Mix ingredients together.
- Add the eggs to the batter and mix thoroughly. It’s important that the eggs are at room temperature so they don’t cause the coconut oil to harden in the batter. The brownies will cook uneven if this happens.
- Line 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the pan and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with 6 ounces of chocolate chips (half a bag).
- Pour the remainder of the batter over the chocolate chip layer and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the second half of the bag of chocolate chips over the top brownie layer.
- Bake the brownies for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool before slicing and serving.
Paleo Berry Compote
- 2 cups fresh fruit (I did strawberries & raspberries)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¼ cup honey
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir to combine.
- Once the mixture begins to simmer, use the back of a spoon to smoosh the berries. Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender to break up the fruit, however, this may get a little messy, proceed with caution.
- Continue to simmer until desired thickness (about 5-8 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. Compote will thicken as it cools.
- Serve immediately.
Serve brownie on it’s own, or to make it fancy and serve with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream and 2 Tablespoons of berry compote drizzled on top.