I have been really loving curry dishes lately! I didn’t even try curry until I was in my late 20’s, and since then, it’s been a love affair. This recipe combines coconut + curry + chicken meatballs to make a delicious meal that I could not stop eating. Note, it’s a little too spicy for the kids, so save this dish for a date night 😉
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Recipe adapted from: The Be Witchin Kitchen
- ½ cup roughly chopped carrots
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons basil
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 can coconut milk (blend if separated)
- 1 Tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 Tablespoon creamy almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all the chicken balls ingredients (but the chicken) into a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Roll into 1 1/2 – 2″ balls and place them on a lined or greased cooking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, roll the meatballs over and bake them for an additional 15.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the coconut milk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce, stir them around and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over my Coconut Cauliflower Rice and sprinkle cilantro and/or basil on top (optional).