Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package of bacon (about 12 slices)
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed powder
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried flaked onion
- 4 Tablespoons cooking fat (lard, coconut oil, avocado oil) or skip if grilling.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook the bacon in the oven by placing bacon side by side on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once your bacon is done, set it on plate covered with paper towels to soak up the extra fat.
- While the bacon is cooking, prepare your burger mix. Combine meat and spices in a large bowl. Mix until all of the spices are well incorporated.
- Once your bacon is done and cooled, chop up into ½ inches pieces and add to meat mixture, combine well.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties.
- Place a frying pan over medium-high heat, add 4 tbsps. of cooking fat. Cook the burgers for about 5 minutes on one side, then flip them. Allow them to cook until they are no longer pink inside.
- Serve burger with my Sweet Potato Fries.
- For faster, easier and tastier burgers, cook on grill.
- I mix my burgers in my Kitchen Aid stand-up mixer using the flat paddle attachment.
- Make your burgers on prep day by keeping in saran wrap. Keep chilled in refrigerator until ready to cook (3 days at most). Cook them all at once or make some and freeze the rest for future meals.
- There are several ways to serve your burger, here are my choices:
- On a bed of arugula with homemade mayonnaise, pickled jalapenos and pickled red onions and a fried egg.
- On a bed of spinach with mayonnaise or dump ranch with cherry tomatoes, avocado.
- Bibb lettuce wrapped with caramelized onions, heirloom tomatoes and dipped in dump ranch.
- (Not Whole30), my husband likes to add a little bit of grass-fed cheese and a gluten-free bun with mayonnaise and jalapenos.
Make it Kid-Friendly
Since it’s a burger, it’s a pretty easy sell in our house. A few ways to make it kid-friendly:
- Lettuce wrap it with and top with ketchup and/or mustard.
- Chop it up and drizzle dump ranch over it.
- Split one burger in half and make it a slider. Serve with sweet potato fries and a pickle.