When I started my first Whole30, planning resources were scarce on the interwebz; and as most of you know, the key to having a successful Whole30 is to PLAN. I wanted a one-stop-shop of meal plans, shopping lists, recipes and helpful tips. After spending what felt like days, I discovered Our Paleo Life; Kendra had everything I needed to get me started on my journey – and for FREE! All of her recipes are delicious, and some have gone on to become staples in our house. Thank you Kendra!!!!
This recipe is her “Easy Peasy Chicken,” which my daughter has renamed, “Cinnamon Chicken.” Funny story, my daughter claims to be “vegetarian,” we support her if that is her choice, but when I make cinnamon chicken – we call her bluff. This girl can eat 2 whole chicken thighs of cinnamon chicken in one sitting – so needless to say, it’s kid-friendly.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp Bacon Fat or other preferred fat
- 4-6 Boneless/Skinless chicken thighs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Ground Cinnamon to taste
- 6-8 carrots, peeled and cut into uniform chunks about ¾ inch long
- 1 light olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss all ingredients together. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for 10 more minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- While the carrots are cooking, prepare the chicken.
- Coat both sides of your chicken with the salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add your fat.
- When the skillet is hot, place the chicken in the skillet and don’t move it, you want to form a nice crust. If you have one, place a splatter guard over the skillet to keep the grease from making a mess.
- When the chicken is cooked about halfway through (5-7 minutes) turn them over and again, don’t move them so it forms a crunchy crust.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken and roasted carrots with a side salad of choice.