I’m making a fun recipe this week that includes ketchup. I thought it would be a good idea to give ketchup it’s own post considering it’s a highly used condiment, especially with kids. I mean, I gave Dump Ranch it’s own post…..ketchup deserves the same treatment….
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 2 ½ cups
Recipe adapted from: Jays Making Me Crazy
- ½ cup chopped, pitted dates
- (1) 6oz can tomato paste
- (1) 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, pulse until mostly smooth.
- Transfer sauce to a small sauce pan.
- Cook on medium low for 20 minutes and then turn heat off.
- Using an immersion blender, puree mixture until smooth.
- Remove blender and turn back on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Store in mason jars or similar jars in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.