This dish is inspired by the Whole30 headmistress, Melissa Hartwig. Lately, she’s been Instagramming dishes that include blueberries and says, “TRUST.” This woman has yet to steer me wrong, so I thought, “What the heck? Bring on the blueberries!”
Also, I’ve been trying to incorporate more fish into my diet. However fish is $$$, so canned tuna it is. I didn’t take many photos of this salad because honestly, I thought it was going to be a major fail. I was pleasantly surprised at how freaking good it is! Bonus points – it’s super EASY!
- 2 cups mixed greens
- (1) 5 ounce can of tuna
- ½ cup sautéed (or roasted) sweet potatoes
- Handful of blueberries
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts
- Dump Ranch
- Start by sautéing a sweet potato. Using a small sweet potato, peel and dice it into ½ inch cubes. Sauté it in fat of choice with salt and pepper for 10 minutes. Cool for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Drain tuna, spoon into a small bowl and separate tuna with a fork, set aside.
- Place mixed greens in a large bowl or plate. Add tuna, sweet potatoes, blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour dump ranch all over – enjoy!