I love to host and the appetizer I almost always make at gatherings, parties, potlucks, etc. is my bacon wrapped dates. They are sweet and salty and WHOLE30 COMPLIANT! I never feel guilty eating them and would gladly choose them over the 7-layer dip across the table. Next time you are nominated to bring an appetizer to a party – make these bad boys and let me know what you think!
- 1 (16-ounce) package compliant bacon (about 12 slices)
- 1 (8-ounce) package pitted dates (about 24 dates)
- 25 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and arrange a wire baking rack on top.
- Cut each bacon slice in half and lay on a flat space, such as a cutting board.
- Place a date on each halved slice of bacon and wrap tightly. Secure with a small toothpick or carefully place seam side down onto the rack.
- Place into the oven and bake for 18 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.