I’ve been following Lexi’s Clean Kitchen for a while now and one dish I keep meaning to try is this slow cooker chicken curry dish. My first thought was to INSTANT POT the heck out of it, but then I kind of felt sorry for my sad & lonely crock-pot that has been collecting dust since we brought home our shiny new Instant Pot. So I decided to go along with the original recipe instructions and brought back old faithful to my kitchen game.
I paired the curry chicken with my Coconut Cauliflower Rice and roasted asparagus & baby bell peppers (just oil, salt & pepper at 400 for 15 minutes). The flavors all melded together nicely and I’m pumped to try the leftovers tonight!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Recipe adapted from: Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Pinch red pepper flakes (omit for kid-friendly)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breasts
- Cilantro, for serving
- Chopped scallions, for serving
- Place sliced onion in the bottom of the insert of your slow cooker
- Add coconut milk, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, and spices. Toss to combine.
- Add in chicken and mix to coat.
- Set on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. When done, shred with two forks.
- Serve over my Coconut Cauliflower Rice and add some roasted vegetables for added flavor.
- Garnish with scallions and/or cilantro.
MAKE IT KID-FRIENDLY
To my complete shock, my kids gobbled this right up. I served over white rice with my Green Smoothie.
- Serve over white rice.
- Serve with choice vegetable (carrots/cucumber/celery) and Dump Ranch.