First off, I must give credit to the two incredible women, Michele Chapman and Melissa Brown, that shared this recipe with me. I feel so lucky to have a community of Paleo/Whole30 enthusiast, I get recipes sent to me left and right (keep ’em coming!). I’m always on the hunt for recipes that are #1 easy and #2 tasty; this recipe hits the mark with both! Thanks Michele & Melissa – this dinner is going into the weekly rotation!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Recipe adapted from: Tip Hero
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 – 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix (shredded carrots and cabbage) I used THIS salad mix from Costco (tossed the dressing pack)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, chopped, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, coconut aminos and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, using a wooden spoon brown the pork over medium-high heat. Use your spoon to break up the pork really well.
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrots, and stir to combine.
- Add the sauce mixture to the meat and veggies. Stir and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the cabbage has just begun to wilt but is still crunchy.
- Serve over my Coconut Cauliflower Rice, garnished with green onions.
- If you don’t care for cauliflower rice, this can also be eaten in a lettuce wrap.
- Add in some red pepper flakes to give it some heat.
- Double the recipe for leftovers
MAKE IT KID-FRIENDLY
- Serve over white rice for the kids.