Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 8 hr
Yields: Serves: 6-8
Recipe adapted from: www.ourpaleolife.com
1 yellow sweet potato, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 zucchini squash, diced
2 shallots, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
28 oz vegetable broth
28 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup packed Fresh Spinach, chopped
2 bay leaves
2 tsp dried oregano (double for fresh)
1 tsp dried basil (double for fresh)
1 tsp dried parsley (double for fresh)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Add the prepared sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, zucchini, shallots, and garlic to the crock pot or pressure cooker.
2. Add the vegetable broth.
3. Add the entire can of diced tomatoes, the spinach, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
4. Stir everything together, add the bay leaves, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or use the Soups/Stew setting on the pressure cooker.
5. Remove bay leaves before serving.
6. Garnish with red pepper flakes (optional).
7. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week or freeze in individual portions for up to 6 months.