Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Recipe adapted from Laughing Spatula
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts – sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper – sliced
- 1 green pepper – sliced
- 1 yellow pepper – sliced
- 1 onion – halved and cut slices
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400
- In small bowl combine oil, chili powder, cumin, chili flakes, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss chicken, veggies and oil mixture together in a large bowl.
- Spread out evenly onto a lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked and the veggies are soft with a crispy edge.
- Serve with a heaping scoop of guacamole and plantain chips.
*Morph this meal*
Take your leftovers and put it on a salad!
- Chop fajita leftovers
- Place on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce
- Dump pico de gallo and guac in the middle
- Sprinkle with broken plantain chips