Prep Time: 25 minutes
Recipe adapted from: Good Dinner Mom
- Approximately 2½ cups of diced chicken from 1 rotisserie chicken, light and dark meat
- 1 to 2 cups red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 3 green onions, green stalk included, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, including leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of bread & butter pickles, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, minced
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of ground mustard seed
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup compliant mayonnaise
- Juice of one small lemon
- Kosher salt to taste, about ½ teaspoon
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Dice pieces of chicken from the rotisserie into bite-size cubes, making sure to use dark meat as well as the breast meat.
If you have a good amount of chicken leftover after cutting the pieces for this recipe, save the remaining chicken and bones to stew into chicken soup, or to make chicken stock.
- Combine all other ingredients with the chicken in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper as needed. If you like your chicken salad wet, you can add more mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving, or make the day prior. The flavors are even better the next day.
- Eat as is, or place on a bed of lettuce, or wrapped in bibb lettuce. I like to add broken plantain chips as a garnish for extra crunch.
Make it Kid-Friendly
- My kids LOVE this salad. My daughter eats it in bowl with broken plantain chips on top. My son eats it on a sandwich with gluten-free bread. Have your kid pick how they like it served.